ParisTech Office in Asia
ParisTech has a permanent office in China since 2000. In 2021, the Shanghai based office becomes ParisTech permanent office in Asia, with the opening of ParisTech International Admission Program to a dozen new countries or regions in the Indo-Pacific region: Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Composed of a director and an assistant, the permanent office provides the link between ParisTech and:
- Academic partners of ParisTech and its schools: ParisTech counts 13 renowned partner universities in China. In Japan and South Korea, exchange agreements signed with the Tokyo Institute of Technology (TokyoTech) and the Korean Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST) are still active. ParisTech schools have for their part developed numerous double degrees programs (both for their engineering degrees and advanced masters) and partnerships in research with the best local universities, for example with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), POSTECH or Hanyang University in South Korea, Kyoto University in Japan, or the National University of Singapore. The Asian office will help establishing and monitoring new partnerships in the future.
- Institutional partners: embassy, consulates, Campus France, Alliances Françaises, French Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chinese Ministry of Education, China Scholarship Council. The CSC and ParisTech have been cooperating for 20 years within the framework of the 9 + 9 Program (ParisTech International Admission Program in China), and for 10 years within the framework of the ParisTech - CSC PhD program.
- Alumni located in Asia: in 20 years, more than 1,200 Chinese recruited through the 9 + 9 Program have obtained an engineering degree from one of our schools, 182 have followed a double degree program, 160 have joined a laboratory in our schools to pursue a PhD through the ParisTech - CSC PhD program. French or international alumni from our schools also work in Asia. ParisTech office regularly organizes events to bring together its alumni in China (now represented by ParisTech Alumni China). With the opening of the International Admission Program to other regions and countries in Asia, the ParisTech network will extend to many more countries.
- Companies: whether we help them recruit French-speaking talents trained in French-style engineering through the dissemination of internship or job offers, or train their employees through the vast continuing education offer of ParisTech schools, the permanent office helps support both French companies in Asia and Asian companies wishing to recruit and train international talents.
- Last, ParisTech permanent office in Asia is the contact point for students, teachers and researchers involved in the exchange programs of ParisTech schools. As such, it ensures the promotion and smooth running of ParisTech's international admission programs in Asia as well as a watch on Asian higher education systems. The office follows recruited students until they leave for France, helping them with their formalities (scholarship applications, learning French, consular procedures, etc.). The office advises and guides French students wishing to find an internship or acquire work experience in Asia when asked, and can intervene to help them.
Promotion of ParisTech and its schools
The permanent office in Asia promotes ParisTech and its member schools. Via its WeChat, Weibo, LinkedIn, Facebook or Bilibili accounts, the Asian office is committed to:
- promote French-style engineering training, research and innovation within its schools, events or initiatives launched by its schools,
- share success stories of its alumni careers, feedbacks from international students studying in France.
Promotion is provided in Chinese, French and English.
ParisTech Facebook: @ParisTechTeam
ParisTech Asia Twitter : @ParistechAsia