CHINA ADMISSION PROGRAMME
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
Enhance your career prospects: ParisTech encourages bright, ambitious students to apply for a Master’s degree in Science and Engineering ("Diplôme d'ingénieur") at the most prestigious French Grandes Ecoles, a unique opportunity for an international career.
Since 2000, ParisTech has developed partnerships with 12 of the best Universities in China (well known in China under the name "9+9" programme):
- in Beijing: Tsinghua University, Peking University, China Agricultural University
- in Shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, Tongji University
- in Nanjing: Nanjing University, SouthEast University, Nanjing Agricultural University
- in Hangzhou: Zhejiang University
- in Wuhan: Wuhan University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Each year, about 100 Chinese students are selected to come in one of ParisTech's graduate engineering schools.
Grandes Écoles in the programme :
applied mathematics - computer science - statistics - finance - physics - optical sciences - economics & social sciences - executive engineering - industrial & production engineering - management - materials science & engineering - mechanical engineering - offshore engineering - naval architecture - electrical, electronic & photonic engineering - information technology & telecommunications - robotics - automatics - energy & nuclear engineering - chemistry - chemical engineering - earth sciences - environmental engineering - life sciences - food engineering - forest engineering - agricultural engineering - computational biology bioengineering & biophysics.
Please note that the ParisTech China Admission Programme is now open to students coming from any University in China (partner or non-partner University).
If you are currently a student in a partner university (see list below), you may need to inform the international office of your home university about your application for the programme :
- China Agricultural University
- Fudan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Techology
- Nanjing University
- Nanjing Agricultural University
- Peking University
- Shanghai JiaoTong University
- SouthEast University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- Wuhan University
- Zhejiang University
> For admission into the two-year Master’s programme ("Diplôme d'ingénieur") at:
- Chimie ParisTech
- École des Ponts ParisTech
- ENSAE ParisTech
- ENSTA ParisTech
- ESPCI Paris
- Institut d’Optique Graduate School
- MINES ParisTech
- Télécom ParisTech
You are required to have successfully completed at least 6 semesters of a Bachelor’s degree in Science in Engineering or in Economics (with a strong background in Mathematics) at your home university by September 2019.
You should have a good working knowledge of English or French.
> For admission into the Master's programme (Double Degree) at:
- Arts et Métiers ParisTech
This School has a separate admission process. You must contact the International Relations Office at your home university.
Step 1 - For students from partner universities, you may need to contact the International Office of your home university to inform them about your application.
For students from non-partner universities, go directly to Step 2.
Step 2 - Submit your online application form to ParisTech before September 19, 2019
List of required documents for application
- An identity photo
- Transcripts of record in English
- Copy of passport or other identification document
- A statement of purpose outlining your intended career project after completion of your degree at ParisTech
- Ranking certificate
Eligible students will be asked to take a written test in science organized in China in September 25, 2019.
You may choose to take the test in English or in French.
Documents required for the interview:
- An original transcript of your records translated in English and certified by your University
- Maximum 3 certificates in English of your most important Academic achievements and awards
- An official ranking certificate, translated in English, stating the total number of students in your department in the field of specialization
- Results of French (TCF) or English (Cambridge, TOEFL, GRE, etc.) language tests (if taken)
- Original passport or identification document you uploaded for your application.
By early-December you will be informed of the outcome of your application and to which ParisTech Grande École you have been admitted. If you are not fluent in French, you will be required to start learning French immediately.
Opening of on-line applications: June 1st 2019
Deadline for on-line applications: September 19th 2019
Written Test: September 25th 2019
The written test will take place simultaneously in Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Wuhan, Guangzhou, Harbin and Xi'an.
Candidates from Zhejiang University will take the test in Shanghai.
Interviews (schedule to be confirmed): October 21-25, 2019
- Wuhan: October 21
- Shanghai: October 22
- Hangzhou: October 23
- Nanjing: October 24
- Beijing: October 25
- Guangzhou: TBC
- Harbin: TBC
- Xi'an: TBC
Admitted students may benefit from a partial or full tuition fee waiver (up to €18,000 a year) for the duration of their studies at their host ParisTech Grande École. The precise amount of registration and/or tuition fees is determined by each ParisTech Grande École according to its legal framework.
Students will have to fund their travel costs to and from France and their living costs for the duration of their studies (approximately €8,000 a year).
To cover living and travel costs, students are strongly encouraged to apply for funding schemes provided by the French and the Chinese Governments especially through the Eiffel programme and the CSC-ParisTech scholarship programme. Additional scholarships may be granted by industrial sponsors or by the foundations of ParisTech Grandes Écoles.