ParisTech-CSC Doctoral Program
ParisTech and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) signed in 2011 an agreement to create a PhD program in France. Since the implementation of the program in 2013, 160 students have been admitted in the program to complete their PhD within one of the ParisTech Schools laboratories.
This program is open to highly qualified Chinese students interested in carrying on doctoral training in a ParisTech school with the CSC financial support. The awarded grants will cover a period of 36 to 48 months in France for full PhDs, with an amount of 1350€ per month and a roundtrip airfare by the most economical route.
As part of this program, students have also the possibility to complete a co-supervised PhD in collaboration between their home research group in China and their host laboratory in France. The awarded grant will cover a period of from 6 to 24 months in France for co-supervised PhDs, with an amount of 1350€ per month and a roundtrip airfare by the most economical route. One of the objectives of this program is to further develop research collaborations between ParisTech schools and partner universities and laboratories in China.
Up to 30 scholarships can be awarded within this program each year. Exceptionally, 33 were granted in 2020.
All ParisTech Grandes Écoles participate to this program: AgroParisTech, Arts et Métiers Sciences et Technologies, Chimie ParisTech | PSL, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, ESPCI Paris | PSL, Institut d’Optique Graduate School, MINES ParisTech | PSL. With more than 86 laboratories and more than 3,000 research staff, the ParisTech Grandes Écoles have enormous research potential.
Their research activity covers 12 key fields:
- Chemistry, physical chemistry and chemical engineering
- Computer and communication science and technology
- Design and industrialisation
- Economics, management and social sciences
- Energy and processes
- Environmental science and technology, sustainable development, geosciences
- Life and health science and technology
- Materials science, mechanics, and fluids
- Mathematics and their applications
- Physics and optics
- Planning and transport
- Science and bioengineering for agriculture, food, and the environment